Monday, February 7, 2011


Time




Time has offered to us - ALL.
Along the wayside, many of us - FALL.
Time has rapidly passed me by,
has left me behind, in the blink of an eye.

I gave so little thought to time.
Thought - naively - it was all mine.
I wasted so much, let it slip through my fingers.
In times light, I'm not to bright - it figures.

All I'll leave behind is a speck, a flake
of moments for no one's, but my sake.
These moments sitting upon my coat sleeve
are all of my life, I have to leave.

Time is but this old man's fading companion.
Youthfulness, just thought, no longer able to champion
an old soul, no longer able to carry him through,
into realms, into spaces, into something new.

Time is that train we all have been waiting for.
Time, the portal through which we travel,
a look into life and marvel
before it closes the door.

B. J. "A" 2
January 24th 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment