Monday, March 25, 2013


 

Forty years have slipped By

Out of thought, far from my minds eye.
No more images of – no tears do I cry.
You have been gone these forty years.
 
No more does my memories hoard shed tears
for what the Grand took form me,
rivers flooding, towards the sea.

For thirty years, you haunted my soul.
Bad luck was all I came to know.
On the anniversary, thirtieth year, I did show
 
you, it was time to move on, time to let go
of this plane, this time - 3rd month, 13th day, 1973 –
forgive yourself, forgive me and let it all be.
 
That moment in time, history
it seems, no longer is it my story.
I completely forgot about you.
 
I guess that is what time will do,
leave bitter sweet moments of time,
the memories of, what was yours and mine.
 
There has come this time, come the stage
were upon we play out our parts in rage
then for the rest of life, stand in the wings

and watch others, who know other things
that to our waning life, bring
sweet notes only angles may sing.

Fate ?, fear ?, my friend - I can not say,
all I know, is that I lived to see another day
and for many, many years I did pray
 
that your soul, your spirit would slip away,
no longer be the apparition people did see,
no longer be the force that haunted me.

 B. J. “A” 2
March 25th 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment