Thursday, November 21, 2013


My Dearest Mandy

Girl, my beautiful Child – into my life you came.
I gave you your first name, for a while my last name.
You were a bright light in my life – that shone,
radiating hope, that, now fades, is almost gone.

I feel it in my heart, my soul, every day at dawn
realizing, in pain, once again, I will not be seeing you,
my Grandson, having fun, wondering ?, what to do
as this life, these times, experiences slip away.

Lost forever, never to be known again, so I pray
that whatever it is ?, will change one day !
I call you daily, once, twice, your phone rings and rings
You see it, you know it, you hear it, but nothing it bring

to my ears, but itself, not a sound, not a word,
not a whisper, a thought, a feeling have I heard.
Not an explanation as to what this is all for ?,
as I see, as I feel you slowly close the door.

That death bell sounds, it doth toll,
 it rings out loud - in my heart – with strife,
strife that, with all else, has stolen my soul,  
taking piece, of what little is left of my life !

B. J. “A” 2
April 29th 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment