Thursday, July 17, 2014


Edward ( Bud ) Atfield
Brother / Uncle
 
There is little to inspire this,
a day of reflection, but loads of hope.
 
There is a brother / uncle I will miss,
who has reached the end of life’s rope.
 
At the end of the Grim Reapers noose
his spirit, his soul to be free – let loose.
 
Time passed – eighty three years- age and cancer
have now taken their toll, he now knows the answer.
 
The time has come, to leave for changes
as his life’s flow, ebbs and rearranges
 
it’s atoms, it’s energy, it’s essence, it’s meaning,
to find all, in the new, that he will be feeling.
 
I am, oh so sorry that I will not be there
to say goodbye, offer best wishes as you fly
off to places far beyond the sight of these blind eyes
as we stare off into the blackness of, we know not where ?
 
I see where you once stood, standing before us, in our
memories hoard, now and forever more, during this hour.
 
I fondly remember your mentorship,
emulating, to be a mechanic, my apprenticeship.
 
I fondly remember the hours we drank, did talk.
In – but not all – your footsteps I tried to walk.
 
Love Bill .
B. J. “A ” 2
April 7th 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment