Thursday, September 17, 2009

The many Faces .

I see your beautiful face in every drop of my tears.
I see your lovely face in every place, throughout our years.
I see your exquisite face haunt the very fiber of my fears.

I see your face upon the walls of my time.
I see your face every day, knowing you'd never be mine.
I see your face, it hurts me so, yet I want what is sublime.

I see your beautiful face slowly want to fade.
I see your lovely face and believe, superficially made.
I see your exquisite face empty and staid.

My heart beats to the incessant pounding of tear drops,
upon this tired old face, expressing the pain of loss,
the loss of what I never really had in the first place,
it all comes to the surface and is read all over my face.

Why ?, was I so receptive, so willing to sacrifice
my heart, my soul, my spirit, put them in the vice-
grip- of love, let it squeeze out every drop of life,
chop them up into tiny pieces with the Butcher's knife.

B.J."A"

September 6th 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment