Wednesday, December 26, 2012



 

In Retrospect

As an appreciated audience, though small,
you are inspirational, the reason to give my all.
To do the best that I am able, telling my tales
of times and entities responsible for what ails –
lost moments, unfulfilled dreams, all that fails –
a broken heart, a fractured spirit, a soul smitten
are the essences of my words, words I have written,
cathartic visions, healing, this is what you have read.

All, has left the building, the confines of this old head
and onto pages of poetry / rhyme that I spread
across the uncertain, uneven grounds of this plane.
Know that all the emotional pain -
heartache, again and again -
I would never, ever refrain
from any of those moments I did live
nor deny, to the one’s, whom I did give.

What has been placed before your eye,
came from all the pain, the tears I cry
for the loss of all that would never be.
These poems / rhymes came from what I see,
blinded by a desire to rise above
and get to know another’s love.

B. J. “A” 2  
 
 
December 25, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment