Monday, January 29, 2018


Being a parent

You tried to be the best parent you were able.
Given the tools that life’s experience thought.

You attempted, on many occasion, to raise the bar.
Eighteen years, nine as two parents, ten as a Mr. Mom.

Then !!!, to endure the loss, the empty nest syndrome.
Both Daughters spread their wings, left the family home.

Nagging thoughts prevailed, three abortions, two Daughters
after eight years of extremely active, unprotected passion.

A movie, Chaos Theory, and the actions of two Daughters,
after some twenty and twelve years, opened the flood gates

to all these years of doubts, as infidelity was the modus operandi
on the roads, looking for love, beyond, in all the wrong places.

One has to question the actions of your two Daughters.
Is there an awareness of my doubts ??? or do they know ???

For all their years, they are !!!, even if they are not ???
The love, the journeys, the adventures, the good, the bad,

all have created the moments, the memories, the stories
of a Mr. Mom’s efforts to lift them above all that I and we,

their mother and me implanted in their mind, heart and soul.
Has this become answers to the questions ??? I do not know.

I only know, feel  their silence, them I never see
As their Mr. Mom, is this what is left for me ???

B. J. “ A ” 2
January 29th 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment