Wednesday, January 10, 2018


Two out of  Three

They have slipped silently from my sight!
What could be their reason for taking flight?
What is their reason for closing the door?
Could this mean ?, seeing them never more?

Special occasions have come, they have slipped by.
Not even a ghostly image, a shadow, caught my eye.
Thoughts of, dejected, only make me want to sigh.
Filling my heart with tears, while all I can do is cry!

Has my Youngest OD ?, has she slipped silently away?
Has my Middle concluded ?, I offended and must pay!,
for some slight imagined or real, that I have committed,
for which no words, no understanding can be submitted.

For my Middle’s deafening silence is what she has remitted.
Detachment, avoidance, muteness are all that I am permitted.
All this is what has been, is all this what is to be ?, left for me
to constantly contemplate ?, to be my fate ?, all I am left to see ?

All that remains of my Two out of Three, but memories.
Letters, cards emails, thousands of photos that tell stories
of all our adventures, of our journeys through time and space.
From all the evidence before me, it would appear I have no place

in the lives of my Two out of Three. This thought breaks my heart,
for time passes quickly and with it so many moments never to become
what makes up family, the ties that bind, any possibility for a new start
to overcome what once made up a fractured whole, to be that total sum.

B. J. “A” 2
January 10th, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment