Thursday, May 23, 2013


A journey of a different kind

Thirty six (36) years ago, an adventure of a different kind.
On the thirteenth (13th) day, of the third (3rd) month
in the year, nineteen seventy three ( 1973)
I lost my friend Rae, to the flood waters of the Grand,
and as fate would have it – survived, did this man.
Thirty six years, to the day, upon a boulder did I stand,
 looked back into a time and wondered if I can ?,
with words on my lips to pray, take the hand
 of my lost friend, and the way, help him find
a way to reach, to touch that journey of a different kind,
where peace comes to his spirit, to his soul, to his mind,
no longer reaching, touching, stuck here, left behind
but climbing out, taking that journey of a different kind.
 
B. J. “A” 2
March13th 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment