Tuesday, May 6, 2014


Spring ???

There is this rolling haze, - a bluish gray –
that hangs, moist, in this  B. C. air.
This springs, starting gate, day
- as I relax in the comfort of my chair –
makes one consider, inside I should stay,
watching it maneuver the atmosphere
into  much heavier shades of black.
 
A twist closes white louvers in here
and there is no way of turning back
as washed out red, drapes slide
across rails, by this hand, to hide,
to close out the darkness of night,
only to cloth me in the glow of electric light
as this spring day – for another year – takes flight.
 
This is the way this spring night stands
as are most others, in which I tend to play.
This the fate I have created with thine own hands
and will carry me through until light of day.
 
I wonder ?, as I shutout the night,
shut myself in, - from ? – out of sight.
What it is ?, or why ?, I put to word,
what is above, to whom ?, and will it be heard ?
 
I do wonder, where it all comes from ?
I do wonder, where it all is going ?
I do wonder, what will be its sum ?
I do wonder what is in the knowing ?
 
B. J. “A ” 2
March 22nd 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment