Saturday, May 17, 2014


Victory !!! – Bitter Sweet

 A David and Goliath day !
I got to see and feel a just way
handed down by a court of this land
as questioning – evidence presented by this hand
lead the judge to find in my favour,
against I.C.B.C. - lawyer Karen Curtis – to savour
the taste of this win left very little flavour,
for I felt that it was a hollow victory
as I walked home feeling no glory.

My Past hangs .

In eight by tens, upon the four walls of my room.
In three and a half by fives, on pages of my books of history,
accompanied by notes, letters, cards that soon
will reach seventy three volumes, telling the story
of experiences, of memories, of life one once did live
in the dreams of light and the nightmares of dark.
A life, in which, little did I have to give.
The desire of the dream and reality, in comparison, very stark
 
The Future ???
Images rippling across the distorted surfaces of mirrors
that are hidden behind so many closed doors,
that lie buried before the eyes of one’s life,
as time slices into tiny pieces, with its keen knife,
the rainbow colours that hang in the sun, like spider webs
as the shadows, the light, drift in and out, ebbs
and flows towards places no one knows
and on and on… and on it goes.
These veiled dreams of ones days, hope for gayety of ones heart,
a desire for change, for gain, to find a brand new start.

The Present .
Silent, empty moments, flashes of brilliant light reflected
upon the corneas of the mind’s eye, seldom, if ever, detected,
a brief glimpse of, – then quickly vaporized – that is infected
with viruses from the past, the future, the present passing by.
Which is it that finds me ?, and just where ?, stands I ?,
as thoughts about take wing and sour on high.
B. J. “A ” 2
April 2nd 2003















 

No comments:

Post a Comment