Sunday, September 22, 2013


Once upon a time.
When time counted !!!
Once upon a time, what lived in my Girls, mind,
was all I needed to see the world by, and for it to be.
 Now the father in me has become not, you see,
but memories of their play, days to never again find,
as from life, they shot me out,
 leaving me to think, of days in parks, a scream, a shout,
higher, higher as I push them on their swings,
 reminiscing of walks, through forests dark, in summer springs,
 through the snow, in the pouring rain,
nights within childhood pain,
laying and playing on many beaches,
all within the ocean’s reaches.
In youthful notions, motions from bouncing on beds,
 rainbows of many colours filling their heads
as we hitchhiked across Canada’s highways
and through many of adventure’s byways
that crossed many meandering brooks,
 that now lay dormant in so many of my books.
Rivers cold, shivers bold, quivers as the story is told
of all that memory doth hold, in words that showed,
in many thousands of pictures that will never be sold.
  

B. J. “A” 2
February  3rd 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment