Wednesday, September 4, 2013


With all the Love, Hope and Dreams
I have for You Both !!!
Love Dad .

My pretty, little, sweat, delicate Butterflies,
spread your newborn wings, fly high into the skies,
far from the screaming threats, sarcasms and hostility,
and into peaceful dreams, in the lands of tranquility
where, in your impressionable, wise,  mind’s eye,
you may come to know not, fear that is in your nightly cry.
To turn ?, I do not know where,
as it seems, all I do is worry and sigh
living in this futile, old world of darkness and despair,
where, all I think about is your futures and cry.

I truly hope that you never come to know, in depth, what it is to be sad,
only come to know happiness in life, to live your lives and be glade,
is the hopes, dreams and desires of your troubled dad,
who’s day dreams and nightmares are far to sad
for my two little Butterflies, who’s lives I fear may turn out bad.

My heart ache weeps like Niagara Falls, bleeds profusely for you two,
and without courage ?, this is all I seem to do.  
I will try, my Angels, to give you my very best
and pray that all else will be laid to rest.


As you get older and your knowledge continues to grow,
I hope that you will understand and get to know
why it is, that this was all your mother and me could show,
of our parenting skills riding the winds of nurturing that blow
across the landscapes, of heritage, of genetics, of family history.
All these forces that create the parenting mystery !!!

B. J. “A ” 2
Winter of 1988 / 1989
Revised September 4th 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment