Wednesday, March 19, 2014


The Dreams of L. B.

I do know !, my Dear, you ‘d like me to be a part of your life’s plan
but I know not ?, – I am uncertain that I could be your man ?
I do know my Dear, that you have wonderful dreams
but I know not ?, - uncertain to me, it seems,
that I can live up to the vision, be the man you see,
the man you think I am, the man you want me to be.
That man who can be all, in your desirous dreams,
that man who can walk on rainbows and light beams.

 I have been, far to many, long years – fifteen in all –
on this cracked and broken path I’ve walked since the fall.
I have become quite comfortably numb – content
with what fate - my state – and life have meant
for me to be, - it seems – to experience.
Even if ?, for you and for me, it makes no sense.
It seems to me, that I cannot decide, which side of the fence.
There is this black hole, there is this hesitance.
 
I do believe that my dreams are much like yours.
Unlike me, I pray “ you not close the doors ”
for there will come a day when your dreams walk the shores
of realization, where all you dream, you will explore
and life’s experiences leave you wanting nothing more
as you climb those steps, past me, and rise far above
your dreams and desires and truly find one to love
as you take wing, soar on high with the dove. 

 

B. J. “A ” 2
July 11th 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment