Sunday, March 16, 2014


The Storms !!!

My young Daughter’s life is in such a mess.
Her aching heart, her soul, in pain, needs a rest.
I know not what to do, or say, just give her my best,
knowing, it is not enough, meaningless, I must confess.

As these mean black clouds, loom, menacingly overhead,
Storms are a brewing, raging, boiling over, instead
of dissipating with compassion and understanding.
The thunder they bring, doth ring out loud
within the accumulation of this black cloud
that only seems to harbor a sad rendering,
beats – with a heavy fist – upon the door
to my brain, pounds with angry passion in my head,
bouncing off the walls of my skull, with ever more
force than I, sometimes, am able to bear
and what I have to look at, listen to instead
should never be a parent’s nightmare, not fair !,
these shards, these flakes, these splinters of lightning
that strike, penetrate deep into the heart – frightening !!! –
as it cuts through and into the very marrow of my soul
as all this pain, all this rage, I have come, only to well, to know
I know not what to do, for you and me, my Dear.
 
I know not how to elevate / eliminate all our fear
except, to be the best I can, be a man rising above it all,
empathize, listen and understand, heed the call
and keep on fighting for you, and for your love
give you my unconditional love and keep it above
all the bullshit that has brought us, driven us down,
taken us round and round on this merry-go-round
ride, confusing what we are and are to each other.
All I would like, you, with all my love, to smother !

 B. J. “A” 2
June 28th 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment