Thursday, January 22, 2015


Dee and Me
The years have so quickly gotten by.
They have stepped in-between you and I
 
The years have slipped quietly away.
You, it seems, have drifted further than they.
 
There is nothing left of what once was,
and I wonder why ?, and this is because
 
there are our two Girls, who are in need
and deserve not, because of our creed.
 
Because of our wrongs and bad deeds,
these may have planted the wrong seeds
 
in the minds of our innocent Daughters,
who, - upon this plane- stumble, falters
 
upon the paths they have chosen to walk.
With me, it seems, they seldom / never talk
 
about what it is they are truly feeling
so that they may let it go – know the healing
 
that comes upon the heals of totally expressing
the secrets, all that they have been repressing.
 
I have, for years now, wondered ?, what is your deal,
what is with you ?, what is this fate ?, in which you seal
 
my destiny – forever it seems – to live,
no matter what – to yon, I did give
 
my all – from you, you have chosen to ignore
and behind us – me – you have closed the door.
 
From you, – it seems – nothing, this forevermore.
I wonder ?, what of our past do you remember.
 
On my Black Bird’s wings, on a Lincoln’s front fender,
above the mighty Grand, on top of mount Tamalpais.
 
Some of, all that was good my dear, but alas,
I fear, it is all gone to dust, lost forever.
 
Remembered ?, relished ?, I believe – never –
for animosity, harbouring to much ill will

drives what reason the reasons that kill
any memories of Hawaii, Florida, California,
 
Ontario, Ohio, Arizona, British Columbia,
all the good, that once was representative
 
of a life style I brought you into - to live.
Live beyond what once was, this I did give.
 
B .J. “A” 2
December 14th 2004
 

No comments:

Post a Comment