Tuesday, June 10, 2014


 

Daughters
 
With all the love I have for you both !
Mandy Lynn, Melanie Lee .
Love Dad !
 
My Pretty, little, Sweet, Delicate Butterflies,
spread your newborn wings, fly high, into the skies,
 
far above moms threats, screams and hostility,
to peaceful dreams in the lands of tranquility,
 
where – in your young, impressionable minds eyes –
you may not know the fear, coming from your nightly cries.
 
To turn ?, - what to do – I know not - where,    
as all I seem to do, is sit back, worry and sigh.
 
As I live in my little world of despair,
where – for me –nothing for you two seems fair,
 
as I look through sad brown eyes and cry.
I hope you will never know, in depth, what it is to be sad,
 
only to know what it is to be happy and to be glad
are the dreams and desires of your old, tired, troubled dad
 
who’s nightmares linger on into the light of day and are far too sad
for my two little Ones, who’s lives I fear, will turn out bad.
 
 My heart constantly aches, weeps blood for you two,
yet there seems little else, this is all I seem to do.
 
 As you get older, wiser and continue to grow,
I hope you will understand and get to know
 
that this is all your mother and I knew how to show
- what nurturing and our nature did create -,
 
and how we expressed and lived with our fate.
I know that this may be of little comfort, these words I state,
 
but I do hope ?, you know that it is the best we could love
and I hope that you both will – like the Phoenix – rise above !
 Love dad .
Winter of 1988/1989
 

The past
 
Fifteen years have gotten lost in the passage of time,
but not the thoughts and feeling of long ago.
For the words of then, are of lives – not so sublime –
that became the lives we have – today - come to know.

Lives that have made a reality, made of those words a truth
and years and years of troubled, wasted youth
that has brought into our lives, times lost,
and great losses to us all - at a great cost !
 
B. J. “A” 2
November 20th 2003
 
Now
 What existed then – “ The Past ” – has come to an end.
My girls – now- have come back to being a friend.
 
They have, once again, become family, part of the whole.
The greatest thing in this life, one could want to know !!!
 
B. J. “A” 2
June 6th 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment