Friday, June 27, 2014

My Boys
Your mother, I am, forever and always !
I love you both forever and in all ways !
 
I have been, both mother and father !
I have been there, to nurse your wounds,
both physical and psychological !
I have been there, in your times of sorrow,
to kiss away all the pain you were feeling.
I have kept a roof over your heads !,
long after you should have left the nest.
I have kept food in your stomachs.
I have, long after you should have been self-sufficient,
paid for your entertainment ( phones, cable, internet ).
I have ended up paying for your cars, car insurance !
As men who should be taking responsibility for yourselves,
I should no longer have to sacrifice my financial freedom,
in order to help you as I have – financing your businesses,
paying off the debts you incurred doing business.
After they failed, I lost my financial security,
and to this day !, I have never been able to recover !
The list goes on and on my dear sons and so, where do we go ?
 
As men, it is time to let go of my apron strings !
As a woman, with grown children, it is time !,
time for me to stand up and take off the apron
no matter ( for all of us ) how much it stings.
It seems to me, you, as middle aged men,
I am still being a slave to motherhood !
It is time for us to let go of past expectations
and move on and look after our own needs !!!
Your Mother !!!
B. J. “A” 2
June 27th, 2014
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment