Thursday, February 26, 2015


An old man’s Dream

I have this dream – no !, a burning desire
to be with a woman willing to light my fire.
- Not as in the past – placed on a funeral pyre,
there to be left on my own, left alone to expire.
 
A woman I can touch, feel, I can reach in,
deep, into her heart, into her soul, know exquisite sin.
To experience, to express, to know where she has bin ?
Not superficiality, not what’s behind of a veil so thin.
 
Ah, but to know the depths, to know the heights
she has reached – to know that the lights
burn bright and there is nothing in sight,
that, in the end, one would be forced to fight.
 
But most of all, to find that, that woman
has not been crushed, been shriveled, and can
leave behind all that scorched her heart and soul,
becoming the cage, within which all she came to know,
 
prevented her from being all she could, but cannot be,
- because of all who steeled her heart and soul – and see,
but she cannot – from within her sarcophagus – for she is lost to ?,
humanity, to man, it has been thousands of years for me and for you.
 
I have a dream !, a desire !, a wish !, and a need too.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life Happens
Unfortunately I do not know – about myself – having been sacrificed
- many times – upon the alter of love and passion and their funeral pyre.
Having been burned by the heat of my own passions fire
I’ve known not – for very long – what my heart desired or what my soul required.
 
Unfortunately, that is life and life happens – before you know it,
it has slipped between your fingers and past your dreams and desires.
Then you become a statistic, crushed, burned, shriveled as any woman
locked up in her cages, laid to rest in her sarcophaguses .
B. J. “A” 2
February 4th 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment