Friday, March 20, 2015


A rising on Valentines
Resur – e – rection
 
Four AM Valentines morn, I awoke,
stiff as a board – stands a mighty oak,
 
reaching up to heavenly skies – empty –
whishing upon a star that would not be
 
a heavenly body for me – that pink cloud,
sweet, delicious – ecstasy wrapped in a shroud.
 
A surprise !, standing against the ravages of time,
- for a long, long time – this gift with no place to go
for deep down – in my heart – I have come to know,
that upon this tree, you have no desire to climb
nor upon this mighty oak come and take a rest
and maybe find, that doing so, could be the best
 
wood, the wood that greeted me, will never greet you,
will never be a pillar you wish to climb upon.
 
To pulp – my wood, this mighty oak – becomes, gone.
What does an old man find ?, - when realizing so few
 
moments arise that he might sing a glorious song
to the goddesses “ Isis ”, “ Ishtar ” – not a clue.
 
B. J. “A ” 2
February 15th 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment