Friday, March 20, 2015


The morning after

Is there any reality to ?, or is it just another Dream ?
Four AM, and again, I am awoken by a dream,
That dream tells a story, is that story a truth ?,
- a truth that came to light Valentines night –
as I came to visit you – your girlfriend is there –
our exchange of words are brief – you want to leave –
you walk out your door – your friend and I remain
behind – your decision – your friend begins to tell me
you are involved, in fact have been for a long time,
- I am nothing more than a filler for your empty hours –
then I awake with a pain in my heart and a knowledge of.
What ?, a premonition !
 
Monika :
 
Four AM, pen in hand, words begin to flow.
They speak of a beautiful Lady, I would love to know !
My heart ache, bleeds, - it is my desire for her – it doth show,
in a million tear drops that run wild through my veins
until the knowledge of, is absorbed and all that remains
are the memories, the moments ( good or sad ) of the pains
I have had to endure – your words “ be patent ”, “ be this ”,
 “ do that ” – the implications ? – the dream is realized.
In all honesty Monika, - I thank – never from you will I
come to know your compassion, your passion, a closeness,
nor affection, love and desire – the things I desire to give,
to receive – or anything I wish to experience, to know.
I feel that I mean nothing more to you than the gift
- of Christmas Love ( those black and red lover entwined ).
A block of wood carved into – intimate – lovers twisted
around each other’s souls in a passionate kiss,
a sculpture that you saw as a musical symbol (Treble clef )
An item left on a shelf. looked at but never toughed.
As always – I am conflicted – living with uncertainties,
living in doubt of where I stand and what I mean to you.
 
Wm. J. Atfield Jr.
Love Bill .
 
B. J. “A ” 2
February 15th 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment