Saturday, March 7, 2015


Tooth and Nail
 
In this space, this world we have created,
it is - for most – a very slippery slope
that seems – for many – to be frustrated
by this feeling – there is very little hope.
 
Upon the edges of this world – scars of mans
attempt – fingernails ripped from his hands.
Upon the edges of this world – craters from teeth
attempting – hanging by the skin of, from underneath
 
On this world – from man’s shadows chained –
all that fate, karma, choices made, nothings gained,
for in the end, what is it that will remain ?,
that when we look back, be considered sane.
 
My words, my thoughts dance to a different drummer,
this places me on the outer edges, making life a bummer.
Life seems to exist on the fringes of winter – seldom summer
sings its songs to my ears – seldom a joyful hummer
 
will I be, for you  see, I dance to a different drummer !
Doing so, I can find no band in which I might  play
because my tunes touch most, reach none – nothing stays
categorized, for me – no place to belong – stark are my days.
 
In this world – life for me – to be on my own.
Journeys, adventures  – life for me – all alone
as I fill my days – empty – in my little home
with little light reflecting from my shiny chrome.
 
And so, for those who care, or care to see ?,
there is little I say, I feel, that could be
a full representation, a complete picture of me.
Lost in the subconscious blackness – an obscured sea.
 
B. J. “A ” 2
March 3rd 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment