Thursday, March 12, 2015


As I see it !!! As I have heard it !!!
 
You say !, you have written !, “ I do not lie ! ”.
On many, many an occasion, I have stood by,
and listened to many – over the years – a lying word.
In all honesty ?, you cannot deny this is what I have heard.
 
Where is it coming from ?, habit ?, a need to survive
a past ?, what you need to hide from ?, a method to stay alive ?
It continues to remain within, as today harbors the past
that should be buried  – not so, for today it cast
 
it’s troubled shadow all over my day, my hour
over my heart, my spirit – my soul continues to tower.
I look into, I see the future, – after fifty three years –
for you, then, now and tomorrow nothing but tears.
 
These words, from me, I realize, feel like spears
and you want not, filling your eyes, your ears.
 
 
B. J. “A” 2
May 18th 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment