Saturday, March 21, 2015


An unclaimed Gift
 
For you, I have placed my beating heart on a silver plate.
You have chosen to let it die – not to become your fate.
 
You see me through eyes of a miss perceived past.
You hear of me through troves of gossip – believe – cast.
 
You cast me in a light of doubts, uncertainties and fears.
For me – knowing these things, brings on a world of tears.
 
You espy me in a light that is filled with many shadows
- from which I am unable to extricate myself, escape –
that drown out possibilities, the desire - to shine - I have
to know you, as all the colours harboured by this universe,
as they are transformed, refracted through the prism of you,
- the refracted, the reflected,  the unfettered by inhibitions –
the you that seems to desperately hang on tightly to the past
and all the past experiences that keep you back from taking,
taking in every nuance of joy, enjoying every flake of a moment.
Ah but therefore, lost for ever, all that might have been.
B. J. “A” 2
April 13th 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment