Tuesday, April 29, 2014


A toast to a Ghost
 On this 13th day, of the 3rd month in the year of 2003.
At a time when 30 – 30 years ago, during the 3rd
month, on the 13th day in the year of our ghost 1973
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 
Gone, the dream, the body is cold.
Far away from now, the river is old.
The soul alive, free finally, the spirit bold
– home – free, if the truth, the story be told.
No longer tied, bound to this earth, has rolled
onto another place, another space, a different plain.
No longer to know, to drown, in all the hearts rain
as freedom dries up, and the souls flight it will gain
no longer chained, no longer wrapped up by the pain.
The day has come, my long lost friend, as I did pray,
for you to let go, give it up, take wing and fly away.
This – this day –I feel to be a new start for you, Rae.
It has come to pass - I do believe – you have left the fray
to journey beyond, and forever, into a brand new day
Gone, now you are, in my heart you will always stay.

A toast to this man, the ghost I did know,
who, now is gone, to the beyond, a freed soul.
You have let go, and it is time for me to let go
and so dear friend, my thoughts of you,
well, will be of that other, precious time.
There is nothing more I care to do,
but remember, remember times sublime
were we played, talked, walked the same line.

A toast to the ghost, my friend, of this rhyme.
Here’s to you !, and the joys with your new crew
that will help you to get passed, get through
all it was that you once hung onto, once knew
about those people – the now me, the then you.
Time quickly gets by us, and for some, friends are few.
Anyway, dear friend Rae, time for us to stare anew,
let the past boil away, in its black pot of stew,
vaporizing, crystalizing, becoming the mist, nourishing
Mother Earth with clean, clear drops of dew,  
creating an environment where all is flourishing.

B. J. “A” 2
3rd Month 13th Day 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment