Wednesday, April 2, 2014


Feelings
With age past it’s prime, with experiences felt,
can we get past that time, with the hand that dealt ?
Do we ?, in the end, have any notions
that we truly lived with- in all of loves potions.
Or are we just passing by – going through without emotions ?, -
all that we’ve lived, all that we’ve given,
all that we have taken, all that we have striven
for, without nothing more than ambiguous memories
- that tell the tails, the stories of our checkered histories -
to carry us through this veiled shroud of life
with all it’s ins and outs, ups and downs and all the strife
one must endure throughout their years within this life.

Have I really lived within the realm of real feelings ?
Have I ever reached up, tried to touch life’s ceilings ?
Have I given to/ taken from all of life’s best ?
Have I not known ?, buried, laid to rest ?
Have I let it all slip by ?, made of this life a mess ?
Have I ?, I do not know, cannot say, I can only guess
.
B . J. “A ” 2
September 24th 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment