Tuesday, December 30, 2014


A field mouse
 
Sunday September 26th, a very nice day, for a change.
A very long walk, in the warmth of the sun, I arranged.
 As usual, that walk would have to be taken on my own.
Along the Coquitlam river I did go, as usual; alone.
 
Long into my journey, on the black top path, a field mouse
did scurry, in no particular hurry, lost, looking for his house,
or maybe a new home as he crossed my path and into my hand,
where he laid quietly as I continued to crossed this land.
 
Miles from where he joined me on my journey – to life
he came – I noticed, he might be injured, as I set him down
noticing that his left, hind leg was dragging on the ground.
I picked him up and in the palm of my hand he knew no strife.
 
We went on for a couple of more miles, I set him down, let him be
as he came to life again, seemed much better, wanted to be free.
Off into the tall grasses he ran, never looked back at me
not a thought ?, him, never again to hold, to comfort, to see.
 
Where might he be today ?
 
B. J. “A ” 2
October 9th 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment