Sunday, December 14, 2014


A Reprieve
 
Alone the banks of the river Pitt.
Such a beautiful day in which to sit.
Mother Nature, before me, at her beat.
I, in mind, in soul and in thought, do rest
 
my spirit within the bright blue sky.
Do gaze into the past, fill my inner eye.
No haze to vail the many shades of green
that lay in the foreground of this serene scene.
 
In the background stands – in all her spender,
Baker, a mighty pyramid in crystals of pure white
that bring a coolness, a calmness to my sight
and I realize, there  are so many who defend her.
 
All the while – at my feet – in the shallows, dance
a Great Blue, who, on stilts, takes her stance.
In her cobra like coiling she strikes out
into the shallows, then saunters  about
 
searching for a late dinner or early supper.
A shadow appears above,- in stealth – her.
Suddenly, to wing she chases away
the threat to her territory, her pray.
 
B. J. “A” 2 ( Bill . )
June 18th 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment