Monday, December 8, 2014


 

When winters sub-zero arrives !!!!
Attention Homeless !!!
For your survival !!!
 
For you, who have been forced – by the hand of fate,
by circumstances beyond your control or by your choice
to live in the arms of Mother Nature, the shelter of a derelict house
- no longer a home – or some abandoned building on the fringes.
Come winters coldest dance ( minus six degrees Celsius )
you will be able to find warmth, comfort, shelter and compassion
from the harsher elements of winters by attending
Our Lady of Fatima’s – Knights of Columbus Hall,
located at the corner of Shaughnessy and Fraser in PO CO .
A notice will be posted on the door of Share’s Food Bank,
Trinity United Church 2215 Prairie Avenue Port Coquitlam
when this shelter will be provided for your benefit.
Please pass the word along to those you know
whom we may not reach through our network.
 
Prepared for winter of 2004
by
 
B. J. “A” 2
May 24th 2014
 

Last Will and Testament
 
I think ?, I have known all along
that one day, you would be gone,
as the days – for me – where few,
not much left – for me – from you.
 
Everything I have said - you have read.
there is not a word - you have not heard,
and so my dear, what is there left for me to say
to squelch the fear, in some compassionate way ?
 
Brighten up – for you and me – this sad, sad day.
The days we have known, now come to an end.
count upon you ?, will not know, can not call friend.
As you depart, step from my Probe, silver gray,
 
on your way into the light of a brand new day.
My soul sits silent – not a word – nothing more to say
for it all was – had been said – about the way
in which you left me, many times before, and that day.
 
Silence, it appears, is to be my fate,
darkened corridors, nothing you state
to enlighten – closure, none – no clean slate
as you move on, behind you, lock the gate.
 
   I leave to L. B. - silence – I bequeath, to her, freedom.
Freedom from me, my presence, my thoughts, my feelings.
Freedom from my words, my prose and poetry of enlightenment,
enlightenments twisted by the prisons, the prisms of her mind
that have prevented her from enjoying, - with a clear conscious.
This I understand, for I know the life she has chosen in the light of
her nurturing, her nature and how they have come together
to create the heart and soul of this troubled young lady.
   I bequeath to Linda, my acceptance, ( disappointing and heartbreaking
as this may be ), and my forgiveness ( for all ) for her termination
( in silent avoidance ) of our ?, friendship.
   I leave to L. B. my heartfelt, best wishes for her new freedom ?, to enjoy
the relationship she has been cultivating for some time and for the
adventures that may come her way, as I, in specks, in slivers, in flakes,
flakes of fading light that vanish from sight as the wind changes
and I become not but a distant, fading memory, lost,
behind the steel doors of those dark corridors in her memories hoard .
 
Signed this 29th day, in the of our lord, 2004

Wm. J. Atfield Jr.

B. J. “A” 2

No comments:

Post a Comment